Best Value for Money Holidays – Europe
If you want to get the best value when you are on your holidays, Sunway can help. The UK Post Office compared the cost of holiday essentials including a including a bottle of beer, a coffee and a three-course evening meal for two with a bottle of wine, in 20 European beach holiday resorts.
Sunny Beach, the summer favourite on Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast, was found to be the best option for sunseekers on a budget, with the total bill for nine items coming in at €44.43. The same list of holiday buys in the most expensive destination to feature, Sorrento, is likely to set you back €159.40.
Just behind Sunny Beach in the great value league is The Algarve with a spend of €64.04. Next up is Marmaris in Turkey although Kusadasi and Bodrum, also on the Turquoise Coast are more popular with Irish holidaymakers. Torremolinos and Benidorm come in at fourth and fifth respectively.
All are Sunway destinations and Tanya Airey, Sunway MD points out there are more reasons than value to go to these extremely popular resorts. Their top three are here –
Sunny Beach –
- Approximately one third of Bulgaria’s 378km Black Sea coast is made up of golden, sandy beaches. Nessebar, the “Pearl of the Black Sea” and a UNESCO World Heritage site is also here. It’s one of the oldest cities in Europe.
- Every summer, Sunny Beach hosts music festivals and rock shows like The Spirit of Burgas and the Kavarna Rock Fest are two of Europe’s largest music festivals
- Go on a river tour to explore the Black Sea Coast from Sunny Beach. The Black Sea Coast is rich with natural beauty and wildlife and there are a plenty of spots to have a family picnic as well.
- Try go-karting, riding, merry-go-rounds for kids at Sunny Beach. For older kids and parents, there is water-skiing, scuba diving, snorkelling, banana-boating, parasailing and a lot more.
- Sunny Beach has its own amusement park, called Luna Park, which has an array of rollercoasters and smaller rides. The water park Action Aquapark is free for kids below 90cm tall in peak season too.
- Its been voted Europe’s Leading Beach Destination’ at the World Travel Awards 2019 for the Sixth Time
- The weather – Portugal is officially one of the sunniest countries in the world, and at the height of the summer visitors to the Algarve can expect temperatures of 28C and 11 hours of sunshine daily (and about one day per month of rain).
- To see sea life in its natural habitat, head to Mar Ilimitado at Sagres, which specialises in marine wildlife-watching. You are likely to see sea turtles and porpoises as well as storm petrels, shearwaters and gannets;
- There are lots of waterparks including Aquashow, Slide and Splash and Aqualand.
- Really great food from fresh fish to chorizo and local favourites, Pastel de Natas
Marmais, Kusadasi and Bodrum
- Icmeler Beach – the water is shallow and clear and the sand is immaculate and soft and its surrounded by the mountains
- Kusadasi is reputed for being one of the most attractive cities of the Aegean and it is a jumping-off point as it is close to the important historical sites including Ephesus, Temple of Artemis, Goddess Artemis, House of Virgin Mary, Seven Sleepers, Didyma, Priene, Miletos.
- Kusadasi has a typical Mediterranean climate with hot summers and mild winters – its bathed in sunshine for 300 days of the year.
- Scuba and snorkelling excursions are incredibly popular in this area due to the extensive marine life and the picturesque views that have benefited from being largely untouched by humans.
- Excursions such as Boat trips, Aqua parks, jeep safari, scuba diving and horse safari’s ensure a fun action packed family holiday.
Some great value offers to these value resorts are:
27th July 31st August
Bulgaria – Sunny Beach €599 €399 3* Hotel B&B
Kusadasi €649 €499 4* Hotel B&B
Algarve €589 €499 2*+ Self Catering Apts
Marmaris €1095 €799 5* All Inclusive Hotel
Torremolinos €1169 €589 4* Self Catering Apartments / 3* Hotel B&B
Benidorm €895 €639 3* Hotel Room only